
A week ago, last Saturday night as I was driving on the Accra-Tema motorway from a tiring day, I had a more practical perspective to life which I’ll like to share with you, family and friends
I have always been tagged with “driving like a man” when carrying passengers and I want to believe it is because of the pro-activeness I exhibit at such times and the fact that I always want to win, overtaking other vehicles on the road. I must confess, a successful overtaking and speeding have always given me some form of satisfaction and excitement as a woman especially when I’m appreciated for driving like a man
Now, back to my Saturday night’s experience for which I’m sharing, it had been a long day for me as I was returning home, among other places from the salon at around 8 pm. As I paid my road toll and hit the road to do the usual overtaking, I subconsciously asked myself whether it was necessary to be doing that at all? The answer to my question was a big “NO” and below reasons kept running through my mind:
..............................................................................
- Where is my destination for which I am driving to?
- Do I know where the other road users are going or their destination?
- Do we have a common destination?
- If Yes, will there be an award for the driver that gets there first?
- If No, why will I commit to overtaking them then?
- If it's just for the satisfaction of it, how does it help me achieve my aim of getting to my destination safely?
..............................................................................
In situating this experience to this life’s journey, friends, know that we all have our various destinations to be with different destinies. Avoid overtaking and replications and focus on where “you” have to be and for what purpose. It will totally be out of place to take malaria fever medication for a yellow fever diagnosis. In that vein, it is essential to diagnose our individual destinations in life and work hard individually devoid of any obstructions such as overtaking, replication and trying to be like a particular person to be at our final destinations
Success is dependent on fulfillment and fulfillment is dependent an achieving the set target therefore, it is needless to focus on another when there’s no common final destination and for what time each has to get there🤷🏾♀️ (Death happens at different times)
I hope this has been put in a better perspective to get us on track
If you find it helpful, please don’t forget to share, to help a Dear one🙏🏾
Mavis Asante Appiah writes with love, from the corniest recesses of my mind ❤️
Comments
Post a Comment